Log in or sign up


USER:
PASS:

 
 
Celtic Source - Defender Has Snubbed Move
George Baldock has snubbed a fresh approach from Celtic to agree new terms with Sheffield United, Football Insider understands.

George Baldock has snubbed a fresh approach from Celtic to agree new terms with Sheffield United, Football Insider understands.

The Scottish champions reignited their pursuit of the 26-year-old as they look to solve their longstanding right-back dilemma by making a new move for Baldock.


A Celtic source has told Football Insider the club were knocked back before Baldock signed a new three-year contract with the Premier League outfit.

The Scottish champions reignited their pursuit of the 26-year-old as they look to solve their longstanding right-back dilemma by making a new move for Baldock.

A Celtic source has told Football Insider the club were knocked back before Baldock signed a new three-year contract with the Premier League outfit.

As revealed by Football Insider, Baldock was the subject of a £3million bid from the Hoops earlier this summer as they looked for a proven right-back to replace Mikael Lustig.

Celtic subsequently signed Israel international Hatem Abd Elhamed but are still in the market for another senior right-back before the Scottish window shuts this month.

Neil Lennon’s side had hoped that the door was still open to land Baldock, but it has now closed following the announcement of his new Sheffield United deal.

The defender has started both of the Blades’ Premier League matches this season after being a key player in their promotion campaign last campaign.

Celtic lost three right-backs at the end of last season, with Lustig joined through the exit door by Cristian Gamboa and Jeremy Toljan, who headed back to Borussia Dortmund after his loan.



Posted by voc1967 on Thursday 22 August 2019 - 07:11:57 | Comments (0)  |  printer friendly
 
 
 
 
 
0 Comments
 
 
 
 
 
News Categories